Poor digestion or indigestion, such as heartburn, can bring pain and frequent belching after eating any food, especially when it is rich in protein or in foods with a high fat content, since these foods take longer to digest. be digested.
Also, drinking a lot of liquids during a meal can cause indigestion, since it increases the volume of the stomach and makes the digestion process much slower. Symptoms that may indicate poor digestion are usually gas and flatulence, heartburn and heartburn, dizziness and vomiting, tiredness, diarrhea or constipation and feeling of having a full stomach, according to the portal Tua Saude.
Specialists suggest that to avoid stomach problems, it is enough to eat a healthy and balanced diet that is rich in fiber, vegetables and foods with prebiotics; without sugar, saturated fats and precooked, in addition to certain infusions as a complement to the diet, according to the Saber Vivir portal, in its health and wellness section.
Infusions to purify and digest
- In addition to an exquisite aroma and flavor, it has properties that help practically any digestive problem.
- Mixed with other plants, it provides delicious infusions.
- It is the digestive plant par excellence and can be taken by the whole family at any time of the day. It leaves a pleasant taste on the palate and a pleasant feeling throughout the body.
- To treat stomach problems, it can be taken combined with anise.
- At the same time that it leaves a pleasant taste in the mouth, it relieves the symptoms of indigestion, heartburn or gastritis.
- Combinations of licorice and mint or licorice, anise and mint are ideal for the whole family, although it can also be mixed with green, black or bancha tea.
- It is recommended to boil a small spoonful of chopped licorice for a few minutes, turn off the heat and add some tea leaves or any other desired plant. Thanks to its natural sweetness, it is not necessary to add any type of sweetener to the drink.
- An infusion of grated ginger may be the best way to take advantage of all its properties and can be appreciated immediately after drinking it. It stimulates the peristaltic movement of the intestines and quickly activates digestion.
- Magazine metabolism published a study in 2012 showing that this root is capable of contributing to the feeling of fullness in the body. It also has properties that help detoxify the body and combat fluid retention, due to its diuretic effect.
- You can enjoy its spicy flavor by drinking it alone and, if you want to nuance the intensity, add it to another infusion.
- Fennel and its seeds contain an essential oil rich in anethole that tones digestion, which helps to reduce abdominal swelling and relieve abdominal pain that appears as a result of flatulence.
- Another option is to chew a few seeds after meals to combat bad breath.
Other tips to improve indigestion:
- Do not eat in large quantities, the body must be satisfied without overeating by eating more than necessary.
- It is not recommended to eat fruit right after eating, since as it ferments in the stomach it could slow down digestion even more. It is recommended to eat fruit one hour before or two hours after meals.
- Avoid drinking excess alcohol, as it significantly hinders digestion.
- Do not abuse foods and beverages with caffeine as these directly interfere with gastric processes.
Recommendation: Although all the recipes mentioned in this article are natural, you should first consult your doctor if you have any condition.