Ginger is a plant that has medicinal properties and is also used as a condiment that is consumed fresh, dry and powdered, as well as in juice or oil.
According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Mexico, ginger helps activate digestive juicesso it improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
Likewise, ginger reduces nausea, prevents cramps, improves blood flow, decreases migraines, fights premature aging and reduces stress levels.
Among the best known preparations of this ingredient is ginger oil. homemade, which, according to the portal specialized in food, gastrolabcontains the following properties:
To do it you need: 150 milliliters of olive or avocado oil, 100 grams of fresh ginger root.
one. Wash the ginger and cut it into slices.
two. Place it in a pan with olive oil, cover it and leave it on low heat for an hour and a half.
3. After the time, remove from heat and let stand overnight.
Four. Strain and transfer to a pitcher-type container.
5. Save the oil either for cooking or for massages.
It should be noted that among some of the properties that ginger contains, listed by the Secretary of Agroindustry of Argentina, are:
1. Antitussive and decongestant effect: would act on the respiratory system, decreasing congestion and cough in a timely manner, since ginger has proteolytic enzymes that give it an anti-inflammatory action.
2. Analgesic and antipyretic: It contains compounds called gingerols that work by inhibiting the synthesis and release of prostaglandins, which could reduce pain in people with symptoms or who have inflammatory diseases.
3. Antioxidant effect: the gingerols it contains they would cancel the activity of free radicals, which cause damage and early cellular aging, which contribute to the development of diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart attacks, skin blemishes, among other pathologies, making them simpler and more harmless.
4. It would have antispasmodic action: the same gingerols have a marked effect on gastrointestinal motility, which would reduce stomach and menstrual symptoms.
Despite the multiple benefits of this plant, there are some cases in which it is better to avoid it, as it can cause contraindications in the body. The specialized medium better with health listed several situations in which it is best avoided:
- During pregnancy: Some studies indicate that ginger could cause hormonal changes and cause premature contractions. However, other studies have claimed that the plant could relieve morning sickness. It is best to seek the opinion of a specialist.
- Hemophilia: Those who suffer from this disease usually bleed for prolonged periods, since their coagulation is not very fast. Because ginger stimulates blood circulation, it is not possible for these people to consume it.
- Diabetes: for those who are under insulin treatment should avoid ginger. If you want to consume the plant, you have to lower the medication, but only under medical approval.
- Problems in the heart: when consumed excessively it can cause the reverse effects of what was mentioned as benefits. It is recommended to consume it for no more than four days and then rest for almost a week before ingesting it again.
- When taking anticoagulants: These are prescribed to prevent thrombi from forming in the blood, the same function that ginger can fulfill in the body, so its consumption can cause bleeding.
- Hypertension problems: “ginger by itself has the ability to lower blood pressure“, Explain better with healthso if you are taking medication for high blood pressure at the same time, your blood pressure levels can drop too low.