It’s almost here Children’s Day and we are all more than excited to celebrate the little ones, after so much confinement and care that we have experienced in recent years. Fortunately, the world has gradually returned to its cause and now there are events again, which makes us very excited extentbecause basically it is a green light by which we could feel more freedom to hold meetings and parties with care as much as possible.
And how the most of the restaurants to celebrate the Children’s Day It is possible that they are full, because the best and most pleasant thing is to celebrate the little ones at home, to take care of us all. It is also a meeting much more staff and that allows us to play with our imagination and all we can do with them kids and why not? involve them in the process! Because sometimes it is what is missing to make them more excited.
Therefore, if you are from team party at home, Well, you are in the right place, because here in gastrolabwe really like to give it the touch homelike to meal, desserts, party and even at lifetime. For this reason, today we decided to share with you nothing more and nothing less than a recipe for you to prepare your own ketchup and use it to season all the sandwiches for children, as is the case with french fries, Nuggets, burgers and any other sandwich.
The ketchup It is a dressing of Chinese origin, which has a sweet and sour taste. It is made of tomato, sugar and vinegar, with different seasonings and spices. It is most often used as a condiment for dishes that are generally fast food. In its beginnings, it was called ketsiap, a spicy sauce, which accompanied fish and meat, but did not include tomato among its ingredients.
It is said that the ketchup modern was devised by the American Henry J. Heinz, who after trying with apples, peaches and other fruit as the main element, in 1876 he added the tomato to said sauce, the latter being the most successful among consumers. To refer to it, the words Ketchup either ketchup. I’m sure many of us have used it more than once.
The ketchup is the perfect fun condiment for almost any sandwich childish. Do you remember when you put it even in the egg or even in rice? Well, once you unlocked those memories, you surely realized that it is a highly adaptable sauce, practically to anything and therefore, it cannot be missing from your table this Children’s Day! So get to work!
- 1 kilo of tomatoes
- 1/ 2 chopped onion
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Some ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup of honey
How do you prepare?
- Once the tomatoes are washed, make a cross cut in the they.
- Place the tomatoes in a saucepan with boiling water and once they are open from the skin, remove them to start working. It may take about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl with some ice or very cold water, add the tomatoes to stop the cooking and then be able to peel them easily.
- Remove the seeds from the tomatoes by opening them and using a spoon.
- In a saucepan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then the onion with the garlic until they soften.
- Add the tomato to the sautéed onion and wait for it to release its juice. When this happens, take it to the blender.
- After blending the ingredients, return the mixture to the saucepan and add the vinegar, muscovado sugar, paprika, honey, ground cloves, and a teaspoon of salt.
- Stir very well and season if you want. Wait for it to boil over low heat and if you want it thick, add a little cornstarch to thicken it.