It will be particularly exciting today at Intend, Maxxis and Pi Rope. A few Eurobike highlights of 2022 have gathered here.
At the Trickstuff booth we met Cornelius Kapfinger from Intend, among others. He had nothing less than what he claims to be the lightest 120 mm XC suspension fork in the world. The Intend Samurai comes with some interesting details and is expected to be available from autumn 2022.
- new Cross Country suspension fork
- angled fork bridge
- Top model with carbon shaft
- RockShox Charger Raceday damper must be purchased separately
- models GR / XC / CC
- spring way 80mm to 120mm (XC & CC) / 40mm to 50mm (GR)
- weight from 1,385 g
- Price (RRP) €1,649 to €1,949
The highlight of the suspension fork is an angled fork bridge that flattens the steering angle by three to four degrees, so to speak. This allows the size and weight of the dropouts to be reduced because the offset is adjusted via the angle of the fork crown. In the sag, the Samurai suspension fork has an offset of 44 mm. This design should not only save weight, but also reduce the friction of the bushings. Incidentally, the Intend Samurai is delivered without damping. Here the customer has to order and install the appropriate Charger Raceday cartridge from RockShox separately. This is priced at around 200 €. Cornelius Kapfinger chose the Flatmount 180 mm standard for the brake mount.
The Intend Samurai will be available in three different versions from autumn 2022. The GR comes with 40 mm to 50 mm travel, is intended for gravel bikes, costs €1,649 and weighs 1,440 g. The XC model has a choice of 80 mm to 120 mm travel, weighs 1,495 g and costs €1,649. The top model goes by the name CC and is in the same league as the XC variant in terms of suspension travel. However, a carbon shaft and some machined areas inside the fork ensure a lower total weight of just 1,385 g. According to Intend, the lightest 120 mm cross country suspension fork in the world costs €1,949.
Maxxis Forekaster and Minion DHR 2
At the Maxxis booth we were able to discover a new Forekaster. The former XC rain tire has now been given a significantly denser tread pattern, which is supposed to make the tire roll better. In addition, the side knobs have become larger and, thanks to a deeper slit, should not only offer more support, but also more grip. The small ribs between the studs should ensure excellent self-cleaning.
With these changes, the new Maxxis Forekaster should be perfect for the new generation of down country bikes or for the rear wheel of trail or enduro bikes. The new tire is initially only available in 29″ and in widths of 2.4″ and 2.6″. The 27.5″ version is to follow in 2023. When it comes to rubber compounds, the customer can choose between Dual and 3C Maxxterra. All variants come with Exo carcass. Depending on the width, the Forekaster weighs 945 g or 1035 g. Prices are €74.90 for the Maxxterra variant available from Q4 2022 and €64.90 for the dual version available from Q3 2022
- new down country tire
- narrow profile for less rolling resistance
- larger side lugs and ribs for self-cleaning
- wheel size 29″
- Broad 2.4″ / 2.6″
- carcass EXO
- rubber compound 3C Maxxterra / Dual
- weight 945g (2.4″) / 1035g (2.6″)
- Availability Q4 (Maxxterra) / Q3 (Dual)
- Price (RRP) €74.90 (Maxxterra) / €64.90 (Dual)
Another innovation at Maxxis concerns the downhill area. The DH version of the Maxxis Minion DHR II is now also available in the dual rubber compound. This variant is aimed primarily at regular bike park visitors who are looking for a tire with less wear.
Pi Rope Light hubs
The textile spoke experts from Pi Rope presented a new, light hub duo at the Eurobike. The hubs together weigh 290 g. In combination with a Two-Six rim from Bike-Ahead, a wheel weight of just 975 g can be achieved. With Newmen Evolution SL A.30 rims, the weight is 1,495 g. The cost point here is €1,388.
The hubs are available with either a Centerlock or 6-hole mount and with all common freewheel bodies and have a toothed disc freewheel with 42 teeth. Depending on your taste, you can choose from six different anodised shades.
- extra-light hubs for the in-house textile spokes
- Wheel sets with a total weight of only 975 g can be realized
- axle standard boost
- brake mounts Center lock / 6-hole
- freehub body SRAM XD / Shimano Microspline / Shimano HG
- weight 89 g (front wheel) / 201 g (rear wheel)
- Price (RRP) from €1,388 (with Newmen SL A.30 rims)
How do you like the new hubs, suspension forks and tires?
All articles about the Eurobike 2022
- Eurobike 2022 highlights: news from Bold, Lintaman and Old Man Mountain
- Eurobike 2022 — Start Up Area Part 1: Strange to practical – 10 exciting innovations
- Eurobike 2022 – Nicolai: Everything about the Nucleon 16 with Lal Bikes Supre Drive
- Eurobike 2022 – Start Up Area Part 2: Pedal covers to carbon spokes – 11 fresh products
- Eurobike 2022 highlights : Tannus, Onza, RevoLoop
- Eurobike 2022 — Highlights: Innovative screw-on grips from Newmen and mullet wheels for the Rocky Mountain Altitude
- Eurobike 2022 highlights: noble and bling bling – 13 mountain bikes from the fair
- Eurobike 2022 highlights: New products from Lezyne, WTB and Giro
- Eurobike 2022 – MRC Trading: Highlights from Galfer, Dyedbro, 6D and Peaty’s
- Eurobike 2022 – Odi, 7idp and MTB Hopper : New grips, knee pads and portable ramps
- Eurobike 2022 – GPS and power meter: Hammerhead, TwoNav, Stages and Garmin
- Eurobike 2022 – Start Up Area: 20 curious and exciting innovations in the video
- Eurobike 2022 – Antidote, Ergon & Factor : brake cleaner, race grips and an XC rocket
- Eurobike 2022 — Lupine: SL AX bike lamp now with up to 3600 lumens
- Eurobike 2022 – Toniq, Endura & Hope : Bike care series from bc and new Hope Enduro stem
- Eurobike 2022 – MET & Bluegrass: New helmets for MTB, Road and Urban
- Eurobike 2022 – THM, Trickstuff & X-Fusion : Wireless dropper post, practical tool and ultra-light crank
- Eurobike 2022 – Intend, Maxxis & Pi Rope : The lightest XC fork in the world, new forekaster and light hubs
- Eurobike 2022 – 14 new MTB helmets : New bike helmets from 7 manufacturers
- Eurobike 2022 – Cosmic Sports: News from e*thirteen, SDG, Crankbrothers and many more.
- Eurobike 2022 – Topeak, Tubolito & IXS : tools, tubes and MTB protectors
- Eurobike 2022 – Sunrace, Jagwire & Wash’n Roll: New 12-speed drive and circuit bike cleaning station
- Eurobike 2022 – Indoor Training News: Mywhoosh, Elite, Gymrail, Tacx and BH
- Eurobike endurance test with Äppelwoi and Handkäs: This is how visitors from the USA, Taiwan & Australia react
- Eurobike 2022 – Bikepacking innovations: bags from Jack Wolfkskin, Deuter, Evoc