One of the most common mistakes made by people with diabetes at the time of modify your diet to avoid health complications and lose weight is to say goodbye to your favorite desserts and dishes for fear of worsening your diagnosis, and although it is a great trick that helps regulate high glucose, the truth is that they do not have to forget about them forever, but look for alternatives and replacements with which to take care of their diet.
The perfect example is that many patients with diabetes are forced to add their portions of oatmeal every day with the idea of getting enough fiber and avoid the annoying spikes high glucose that can bring discomforts such as headaches and dizziness. Although it is a very delicious superfood, for many people it is a problem to have to eat this cereal in the same way every day and this is where the ingenuity comes in to prepare it and that the result in the body is the same.
The favorite alternative and with which you can enjoy a dessert despite the disease is prepare oatmeal pancakes, a very healthy and nutritious alternative, with which delight the palate without having to fear for increases glucose levels, or sugar, high. And this time we share the prescription ideal along with all its health benefits for patients with this condition.
Recipe: Oatmeal crepes, this is how they can be prepared
It should be noted that although the oatmeal it is one of the foods that is most recommended to consume when detecting this disease, because it is rich in fiber, before making any changes in the daily diet it is necessary consult a health professional determine if you are crepes they are the best alternative according to the patient’s condition. Likewise, an expert will help determine the appropriate portions to accompany this dessert.
- 1 and 1/4 cups of oatmeal
- 2 and 1/4 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- pour the oatmeal in the blender and blend until you get a kind of flour.
- Carefully pour the milk and the rest of the ingredients into the blender, and start blending until all the ingredients are well integrated,
- Empty the preparation in a container and cover with a kitchen napkin so that the dough rests for at least 20 minutes.
- Subsequently, put a frying pan until it is hot and before adding the mixture you have to grease it subtly with a little vegetable oil; it will suffice to do it once.
- With the help of a ladle you have to take the mixture and bring the dough to the center of the pan; This step must be done quickly to spread all the preparation on the surface. Once the side is well cooked, you have to turn the crepe.
- Repeat this step until the mixture is finished.
- Finally prepare your crepes with your favorite ingredients and toppings, but always looking for natural and low-sugar alternatives to avoid complications with the diabetes. You can consult this part with your trusted doctor.
Why is oatmeal recommended for people with diabetes?
As we pointed out above, the oatmeal It is considered a superfood and is one of the most recommended for patients with diabetes or with high glucosesince it is an allied cereal for lower high blood sugar levels and at the same time stimulate the insulin response; It should be remembered that glucose accumulates in the bloodstream due to a lack or poor function of insulin, which is responsible for taking it to the cells to transform it into energy.
It is also known that the carbohydrates present in the oatmeal help to avoid glucose spikes Being difficult to absorb, which adds to the satiety effect provided by the fiber, it maintains a satiety effect during the day, which is ideal for those patients who have to regulate their weight and improve their diet. Likewise, the body will be filled with nutrients such as proteins, vitamins and minerals.
Diabetes: this is the type of exercise to lower blood glucose
Reduce glucose with this cucumber juice, so you can prepare it
Regulate your glucose levels and reduce inflammation with this effective herb