Vitamin D helps the body absorb calcium; This component is one of the main precursors to maintain bone health. This nutrient also plays an important role in the functioning of the nervous, muscular and immune systems, This was explained by the Medlineplus health and medicine portal.
This component can be obtained in three ways: through the skin through sun exposure, through food and by consuming supplements. The body produces this nutrient naturally, unlike other vitamins, when the skin has been in contact with UV rays; however, excessive and unprotected sun exposure can cause premature aging and skin cancer, which is why many people prefer to obtain vitamin D from other sources.
The health, beauty and personal care portal Vitónica provides the recipe for some desserts that have a high content of this nutrient. Before consuming them, it is recommended to have the approval of a doctor.
- 1 egg.
- 100 g of egg whites.
- 350 g of cream cheese (skimmed, optional).
- 150 g of natural or Greek yogurt.
- 5 ml of vanilla essence or lemon zest.
- 2.5 ml of liquid sweetener suitable for cooking.
- 25 g of oatmeal.
- 25 g ground almonds.
- 2 g or 1/2 teaspoon chemical yeast (propellant).
- 1 pinch of salt.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC and prepare a round mold with a removable bottom, about 18-20 cm in diameter. Cover the bottom with parchment paper, leaving it protruding to hook it when closing the mold, and grease the edges with oil or butter.
- Beat the egg whites for a couple of minutes until they foam and have volume. Add the cheese, the yogurt, the vanilla or lemon, the sweetener and mix a little more until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the flours, yeast and salt, and beat at low speed until there are no dry lumps and a homogeneous, liquid and thick dough is obtained. Pour into the mold and bake for about 50-55 minutes.
- After half an hour it is important to validate how the product is going since cooking will depend on the mold and the oven. After this time, turn the mold so that the cake browns on top and evenly. The recipe is ready when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cheesecake comes out clean.
- 500 g of large strawberries.
- 500 g of skimmed fresh cheese.
- 5 ml of vanilla essence.
- 2 g of unflavored gelatin.
- Wash the strawberries very well, gently, and dry them carefully. Remove their leaf and pass them through a processor or mincer, to obtain half a kilo of this fruit; This should be like a puree without lumps.
- Add the low-fat whipped fresh cheese and mash it a little before adding it to the mixture. can be used also plain greek yogurt or plain plain yogurt, but it must be creamy.
- Prepare the unflavored gelatin and let it heat up to this boiling point. Stir well and distribute in molds, glasses or a large mold. Wait for it to cool down a bit, take it to the fridge for two hours.
The portal of health, medicine and personal care Tua Saude mentions that foods rich in vitamin D are mainly those of animal origin; however, there are other foods that can be fortified with this vitamin. The medium provides a list of foods that contain this component:
- Cod liver oil.
- Salmon oil.
- Raw oysters.
- fresh herring
- fortified milk.
- Boiled egg (the yolk has a high content of this vitamin)
- Meats (chicken, turkey, pork) and offal in general. (Being a fat-soluble vitamin, it is present in all animal tissues).